Good news for all you Restaurant Makeover fans, one of our most popular and long-standing shows is back but with a facelift. Restaurant Takeover (with a T as it's now known) will introduce our audience to a whole slew of fresh faces. That's not all. You'll also see exciting undercover twists, lots of culinary and design challenges and hidden cameras at work.
In Restaurant Takeover, some familiar faces --Corbin Tomaszeski and Massimo Capra and designers Cherie Stinson and Cheryl Torrenueva -- will be joined by a handful of newbies which include: Chefs Richard Andino, Derek Minkensky, Andrea Nicholson and Adam Hynam-Smith, as well as designers Montana Burnett, Paula Velez, Amanda Campbell and Alison Milne.
The series will feature 13 restaurants from across Ontario, including:
• Village Pizza, Tottenham; August 30 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Curry & Roti, Scarborough; September 6 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Peninsula Resort, Pefferlaw; September 13 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Shamrock & Thistle, Etobicoke; September 20 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Sunnybrook, Toronto; September 27 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• El Fogon, Toronto; October 4 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Hillbilly Heaven, Hamilton; October 11 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Vindaloo Indian Cuisine, Scarborough; October 18 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Brownstone Bistro, Toronto; October 25 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Royal Caribbean, Toronto; November 1 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Rap’s, Toronto; November 8 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Naan & Kabob, Toronto; November 15 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
• Frankie’s, Toronto; November 22 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
Restaurant Takeover premieres August 30 at 9pm ET/6pm PT on Food Network Canada.
by Catherine Jheon
Hi, my name is Galen and I'm currently interning with the Food Network and Shaw Media! Though I wouldn't call myself a foodie, I certainly enjoy eating the stuff - so this is an opportunity to learn more about cooking, baking, and food. Any questions, please let me know! And for goodness' sake, put the kettle on!