Cranberries are, of course, a great addition to many desserts. But they also make a fantastic sauce or garnish to savoury dishes. This week we're counting down the top 5 cranberry recipes from the past year (according to website statistics). We're sure you'll be inspired to add one of these dishes to your holiday dinner spread.
1. Pork Tenderloin with Spiked Gouda and Cranberries
Cranberries complement pork beautifully, and adding gouda and orange liqueur is a fantastic way to bring those sweet, fruity flavours together.
2. Pork Chops and Simmered Fresh Cranberries with Potatoes and Peas
Talk about classic comfort food! This dish is sure to please each and every person at your table.
3. Penne with Sauteed Chicken, Apples and Cranberries
Add some unique flavour to a standard pasta and chicken dish by throwing in apples and cranberries. Trust us, you won't be disappointed.
4. Holiday Butternut Squash with Apples and Cranberries
Butternut squash is a holiday staple, but add some tangy fruits into the mix and watch your guests fall in love with the new twist.
5. Grilled Duck with Pears and Cranberries
Courtesy of Christine Cushing, this recipe is a wonderful way to highlight the flavours of grilled duck. Try it out this holiday season if you're looking for something new instead of turkey!
by Souzan Michael