People on TV seem to be swapping
everything from houses to wives these days, but we were still thrown when the chefs
on this week’s Cutthroat Kitchen were asked to find a suitable starch-swap for
shrimp and grits. It got us thinking about surprisingly delicious replacements
in some of our own recipes; some may seem outrageous, but you’ve got to cook
1. Replace rice with potatoes in
risotto for this Potato Risotto with Pan-Grilled Lamb Sausages recipe.
2. Layer eggplant instead of noodles in a Pasta-less Eggplant Lasagna recipe.
3. Swap meat for veggies with this Vegetarian Tourtiere with Cheddar recipe.
4. Roll fruit and chicken and let the fish swim free in our Tropical Fruit and Jerk Chicken Sushi recipe.
5. Go for pomme instead of pomme de terre with a big bag of this Apple Chip recipe.
6. Spaghetti sans pasta can be done with a little help from this Zucchini Pasta recipe!
by Joanna Gryfe