Whether you went heavy on the ham and poultry during the holidays and want to scale back, or you’re looking for new ways to get protein into your meat-free diet, beans are definitely the way to go. We’ve bean saying that they’re a wonderful meat substitute, as well a lean way to fuel up, and now we’ve got 5 delicious recipes for you to try.
1. Instead of a traditional meat stew, try this hearty Kidney Bean Stew.
2. Amp up the nutrients in your weeknight enchiladas with a Kale, Zucchini and Pinto Bean Enchilada recipe.
3. This Black Bean Veggie Burger is as comforting and delicious as a regular burger, but made with healthy black beans instead.
4. These are na’cho average nachos. This Macho Nacho Dip is made with a whole layer of nutritious white kidney beans.
5. Stuffed with chickpeas, corn and bean sprouts, this Veggie Pita Wrap is chock-full of protein.
by Souzan Michael