If you, like many people, resolved to eat healthier and get in shape in 2014, we want to help you keep your resolution. While we can't force you to get off the couch and into the gym, we can help you make little changes that will make a big difference. No need to stick to kale and quinoa all year; you can keep eating all the foods you love by making a few simple changes. Here's how:
1. Instead of greasy, jam-packed burritos, try light and easy Firecracker Lettuce Wraps.
2. Swap pasta for flavourful veggies in this Pasta-less Eggplant Lasagna.
3. Twirling spaghetti around your fork is so 2013. This year, try Zucchini Noodle Pasta.
4. French fries? No, thanks. Reach for these Sweet Potato Fries with Seasoned Salt instead.
5. Pancakes are a Sunday morning staple. Serve these up: Oatmeal Pancakes with Maple-Glazed Roasted Apples.
6. Skip boring old chips and dip and go for healthy Hummus with Herbed Pita Crisps.
7. Craving Chinese takeout? This Healthy Mixed Fried Rice is a great way to get your fix.
8. There's nothing like warming up to a heaping bowl of chili on a cold day. Try a lighter version with a Mediterranean Chickpea Stew.
9. Is your sweet tooth tempting you to break your resolution? No need! Munch on these Lentil Cookies for a healthy dessert.
10. Creamy party dips are loaded with calories. The solution? This Quick and Nutritious Spinach Dip.
11. We'd never ask you to give up your egg and ham sandwich. Just make it healthier, like The Better for You Breakfast Sandwich.
by Souzan Michael