Frequently Asked Questions
New Series for Summer 2013!
Q. What new and exciting programs are coming to Food Network Canada for Summer 2013?
A. Stay tuned for exciting new shows, including:
Brand New Programs:
- Nigella Kitchen
- Giving You The Business
- Paula's Best Dishes
- The Pioneer Woman
- Iron Chef America Tournament
New Episodes and Seasons of Food Network favourites include:
- Dinner Party Wars
- Top Chef Canada
- World's Weirdest Restaurants
- Eat St.
- Food Factory
- Mystery Diners
- Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
- You Gotta Eat Here!
- Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction
- Sandwich King
- The Next Food Network Star
Q. I love the Food Network Canada — where can I find the latest schedule?
A. To view the latest TV schedule, please visit our On TV section.
Looking for Recipes from Food Network US programs?
Q. How can I find recipes from programs that originated on the Food Network U.S. network.
A. Recipes from some programs such as 30 - Minute Meals, Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian, Paula Deen, Guy's Big Bite, and Tyler's Ultimate are not available on FoodNetwork.ca, as we do not have the rights to publish them online. To browse all available recipes by show name, visit our Recipes page.
Foodnetwork.ca is continually growing and updating our recipe database, please check back often or subscribe to our newsletter for exciting new recipes.
top of page
Searching for Recipes
Q. I saw a delicious dish on one of your programs. How can I find the recipe?
A. You can find recipes for Food Network Canada shows in a variety of ways:
- Type your keywords (e.g. 'chocolate cake', or 'chicken tomatoes') into the "Keyword Search" box on the top of every page, then click on the Find button. If you choose "Recipes" from the dropdown menu beside the "Keyword Search" box, you'll search only in our recipe database. If you choose "Shows", you'll search through episode descriptions of shows we've aired (show pages link to featured recipes that are available from each episode.)
- You may also find recipes using the Advanced Recipe Search. The link to the Advanced Recipe Search can be found above the "Keyword Search" box on the top of every page. Using the Advanced Recipe Search, you can search for recipes by show, host, type of dish, preparation method, ease of preparation, diet and many more. You can choose one or multiple selections to refine your search (for example, chicken recipes from Chef at Home or quick and easy, dessert recipes from host Anna Olson.) Find the perfect recipe for every occasion on Foodnetwork.ca's Advanced Recipe Search.
- Recipes are also readily available from shows that have aired within the past two weeks by visiting the main page for the series. If you are looking for a recipe that you saw on a particular episode of a show, you can find what you're looking for by visiting our On TV page. Click on the show title for recipes, airtimes and more!
Q. How can I appear on a Food Network Show?
A. For a list of shows currently in production please visit our Casting Call page.
top of page
Looking for DVD's?
Q. Where can I buy DVDs, videos and books from Food Network Canada chefs?
A. As a broadcaster, Food Network Canada does not hold the distribution rights for programs seen on our network and therefore we do not sell DVDs or books.
Working at Food Network Canada
Q. I want to work at Food Network Canada. How can I find out about career opportunities that will satisfy my appetite?
A. For employment opportunities with Food Network Canada or other divisions of Shaw Media, please visit www.shawmedia.ca/careers.
top of page
Q. What is RSS and what can it do for me?
A. Really Simple Syndication. Basically that means foodnetwork.ca content comes to you! You can read new articles and blogs from your desktop through a feed reader, such as Google Reader or NewsGator. Your web browser might also be an RSS reader; the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari allow you to view all your feeds right in the browser. You can also grab feeds from your other favourite websites and have all your favourite news, articles and blogs in one spot.
top of page
Q. I'm a Canadian blogger interested in contributing to the blogs on Foodnetwork.ca. Who do I contact for more information?
A. We love new bloggers! To be considered as a contributor for our blogs, please send us your name along with samples of your work, or blog, to blog(at)foodnetwork(dot)ca. Your information will be passed along to our editors.
Q. I'm a Canadian food blogger and I'm interested in being listed on your blog roll. How do I submit a request to be added?
A. Email your blog link to blog(at)foodnetwork(dot)ca and we will consider it for the list. Because we get so many requests, not every link can be added to our blog roll.
Do you have a question or a comment?
Q. Where can I leave comments or suggestions for Food Network Canada?
A. Please go to our Contact Us
section on the foodnetwork.ca website to send comments or suggestions about our programming. Although the programming schedule for Food Network Canada is set several months in advance, we are happy to forward your remarks to our programming department for future consideration.
top of page
Q. How can I submit an original series pitch to Food Network Canada?
A. Food commissions half hour and one-hour, 6 to 26 episode Lifestyle series aimed at adults 25-54 that connects our viewers to the world of food. We currently have a strategic commissioning process and are interested in entertaining, prime time formats that have the potential of multiple seasons. We're looking for dynamic hosts/characters, along with fresh new formats. Please note that at the moment the following types of Food shows are not a priority: instructional cooking, travel, wine/drink, celebrity, docu-soaps, kids working with food or overtly health-related Food shows, however we are always open to looking at any pitch you may have.
The original lifestyle programming team consists of:
Emily Morgan – Senior Director, Lifestyle Original Content
Leslie Merklinger – Director of Original Production, Lifestyle
Tanya Linton – Director of Original Production, Lifestyle
Allison Grace – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Andrea Griffith – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Christine Diakos - Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Holly Gillanders – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Kathy Cross – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Nancy Franklin – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Tracy MacTaggart – Production Executive, Lifestyle Original Content
Brynn Tschirhart - Programming Coordinator, Lifestyle Original Content
Marta Young – Programming Coordinator, Lifestyle Original Content
Please download the release form here, which must be submitted with your proposal. For your proposal, please follow the submission guidelines found here. Submit all proposals and any inquiries to Lifestyle.Submissions@shawmedia.ca
top of page