Raspberries are great for freezing, eating fresh or making jams, but we all know everyone’s favourite way to eat this delicious summer fruit: pie. These fun and tasty raspberry pie bars start with a soft, crumbly crust topped with sweet chocolate cream, more of that delicious crumb mixture, fresh raspberries and mini chocolate chips, and are then baked until bubbly and golden.
You can play around with these bars quite a bit — add nuts, different kind of chocolate or really anything you think would pair well with raspberries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (10 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2- 2 ½ cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Mix butter until smooth and creamy, add in brown sugar, flour and salt. Continue mixing until crumbly.
3. Press 1 ¾ cups of crumb mixture into baking pan. Set remaining crumbs aside.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
5. While crust is baking, pour the condensed milk into a sauce pan and add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir over low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
6. Pour milk chocolate/milk mixture over warm crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs evenly over chocolate layer. Spoon raspberries over crumb mixture and top with mini chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.
8. Store in the fridge.
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography! Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.