Girls, you love getting a bouquet of roses for that special occasion, so why not give back to the special man in your life? This bacon bouquet is anything but girly! It is the perfect gift to show him you care and that you understand his love of bacon. You don’t have to just give this bouquet to the man in your life; bring it to a party or a housewarming! Even though they may look like flowers, they are so much better!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 1 Dozen Roses
12 thick cut bacon slices
12 wooden skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Arrange a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
3. Roll each bacon slice into pinwheels and secure the bottom with two toothpicks in an “X” to act as a stand on the wire rack. Continue with remaining bacon.
4. Arrange the bacon roses toothpick-side down on the wire rack. Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Remember bacon will continue to crisp when removed from the oven.
5. Transfer onto paper towel to drain. Carefully remove and discard toothpicks. Slide each bacon rose onto a skewer.
Amanda Garbutt is the host of The Hot Plate, a free online cooking show dedicated to inspiring culinary confidence in new cooks. The Hot Plate also offers regular cooking tips and advice, how-tos, and information on seasonal ingredients.
by Amanda Garbutt