Hey all, we need to get the ball rolling with this one! I've seen one entry for Mozzarella Boulettes and though Rebecca's photo is lovely (see below,) we need to get this challenge moving! I'll be making mine this week, and remember this is only the mid-month challenge. You've got until the end of the month to get your entry in to win a great prize.
Chef Rebecca M: "Being a vegetarian I still wanted to participate but decided to put my own spin on this recipe. I used veggie ground round, cheddar cheese, and my grandmother’s fresh salsa! It was the perfect appetizer: Quick, tasty, and petite."
How the Cooking Club Challenge works:
- Make the chosen recipe
- Follow the recipe, or add your creative flair
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a picture and a short descriptive paragraph before month's end for your chance to win!
Ingredients - Mozzarella Boulettes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 jar Tostitos® Salsa
- 1 bag Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips
- Form small beef boulettes (round balls) with cheese cube in the centre.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Place boulettes in scoops and top with salsa.
Posted: Mon, Apr 16 2012
by Valerie Outmezguine
Hi all, I'm the Community Producer of foodnetwork.ca. If you ever have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to shoot them my way. I'm happy to help! A bit about me, I love baking and hate cooking, which is why I've started the vlog Starting from Scratch (left nav.) You see, this is my attempt to learn how to cook and enjoy the fruit of my labour while sharing it with all of you! Hope you enjoy it and if you ever have any pointers, let me in on them!