If you're like me, you're always trying to get your family to eat more fish. Salmon is a hearty fish that can withstand a lot of bold flavours. So this week I looked up some of our most viewed salmon recipes from the past year. Here they are starting with the most popular:
1. Mango-Glazed Salmon & Spinach Salad from Cook Yourself Thin tops the list. Low-fat recipes are on everyone's mind. (Cook Yourself Thin's Caesar Salad topped the list last week). Mango is a great compliment to salmon and this recipe packs a lot of flavour punch. (Too bad I'm allergic to mango! Sad but true *sigh*).
2. Potato Salmon Cakes by Michael Smith is in the second spot. Don't these look great? I'm sure even the most anti-fish among us will devour these babies and I'm pretty sure you could use canned salmon in a pinch. Has anyone tried?
3. This Ricardo's Salmon Teriyaki recipe is the third most searched recipe on our list. In my home, my three and one-year-old both LOVE the flavours of Teriyaki in our salmon and it looks like you do too.
4. I was pleasantly surprised to see Laura Calder's Salmon En Croute make it to your top 5 most viewed recipes list. This recipe is not the easiest of recipes, but I'm so impressed that many of you have looked it up. And look how pretty it is.
5. It's not surprising that Michael Smith has two spots in our 5 most popular salmon recipes list. His Caribbean Coconut Crusted Salmon looks amazing and so simple! I'm bookmarking this one, I'm sure my kids will love it.
Have you made any of these recipes? What other salmon recipes do you enjoy on our site?
Posted: Mon, Jul 23 2012
by Catherine Jheon