I equate summertime with hamburgers and it seems you do as well. Hamburgers (and not burgers which incidentally brings up a new set of recipes) was one of our top 5 searched terms last week. So without further ado, here are the top 5 hamburger recipes starting with the most popular.
1. Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup with Buns and Corn on the Cob Topping the list is one of four recipes from Fixing Dinner. The show is off the air but Sandi Richard's easy and family-friendly recipes are popular as ever. Plus the slow cooker is THE best for no-fuss meals.
2. Sandi Richard's Mexican Burgers is the next most popular hamburger recipe. A dash of chipotle gives these bad boys a smoky Mexican twist.
3. Hamburger with Homemade Relish and Caramelized Onions
Remember Rob Feenie and his show New Classics with Chef Rob Feenie? That show takes me way back. Although his show is no longer airing, this recipe gets top marks. I adore caramelized onions!
4. Hamburger on a Stick, Rice Noodles, Peanut Satay Sauce and Broccoli This is the third of four recipes from Fixing Dinner. I love this Asian take on hamburgers, so fun and sophisticated.
5. Old-Fashioned Hamburger Stew with Fresh Fruit Rounding out our list is yet another recipe from Sandi Richard. The fresh fruit may sound a bit unorthodox but it's a great sweet compliment to the savoury stew. I'm sure the kids will love it as well.
Posted: Mon, Aug 20 2012
by Catherine Jheon