Any time a recipe calls for ingredients to be stirred, chopped, mashed or pureed, that’s a job for the mighty blender!
For the downtown kitchen or just the downsized gadget collection, this single piece of equipment can be a cook’s best friend if you add a dash of creativity and a pinch of ambition to your recipe.
We’ve rounded up our favourite blender-friendly recipes - some for those just discovering this glorious machine, and others that may surprise any blender aficionado - to experiment with. Play around with techniques and truncate extra steps by throwing everything in the blender and let us know what surprised you most:
1. Mousse 2. Sorbet 3. Cheesecake 4. Smoothie 5. Soup 6. Margaritas 7. Milkshake
8. Ketchup 9.Chimichurri 10. Gazpacho 11. Applesauce 12. Black Bean Dip
13. Tomato Sauce 14. Guacamole 15. Mashed Potatoes 16. Eggnog
17. Rosemary Oil 18. Fish Cakes 19. Quiche 20. Cream Pie Filling 21. Romesco Sauce
22. Coleslaw 23. Salsa 24. Ice Cream 25. Hollandaise
Original Image via OJO Images
by Joanna Gryfe