The results of this month's Cooking Club Challenge vote are in! To celebrate the launch of the new show Sugar Dome, airing Mondays at 10pm ET, this month's challenge is dessert-themed. That's right, we're getting you to bake! The winning dish is Carrot Cake in a Cup courtesy of SugarStars.
Since the theme is Sugar Dome, we want you to get creative with decorating. Adorn your individual portion carrot cakes in any way you'd like, and include a short blurb about it. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
How the Cooking Club Challenge works:
•Make the chosen recipe
•Follow the recipe, or add your creative flair
•Email us (email@example.com) a picture and a short descriptive paragraph before January 31st for your chance to win a cookbook and a $250 gift card to The Bay!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange, peeled and pureed
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 12 short, straight rock glasses for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line two 9” baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, white and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, using the whip attachment, mix eggs and pureed orange. Add vegetable oil. Pour dry ingredients into stand mixer. Once fully combined add grated carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans and bake for 35-45 minutes, checking with a toothpick after 35 minutes.
- Once the cakes have cooled, use a short rock glass to cut out circles of cake. Gently push the cake to the base of the glass. Repeat this process for the remaining glasses. Top with either piped cream cheese or Buttercream Icing.
by Souzan Michael