It's gonna be hot, hot, hot! This weekend is the annual Caribbean Carnival in Toronto -- billed as the biggest street festival in North America! So as a tribute to our colourful Caribbean community, I looked up six (not the usual five and you'll see why when you get to #6) of our most viewed Jerk Chicken recipes in the past two years.
1. Topping the jerk chicken list is none other than Chef at Home himself, Michael Smith, with what he calls one of THE tastiest ways invented to flavour grilled chicken. His Jerk Chicken with Brown Rice was one of our Cooking Club Challenge recipes and got rave reviews. See for yourself.
2. The second "jerk" on the list is Chuck Hughes of Chuck's Day Off. Chuck's Jerk Chicken and Dumplings was the second most-viewed recipe on our site.
3. Do you guys remember the show Man Made Food? It featured Dave Burnett, Joel Rousell and Steven Moore bonding over great home-cooked meals. Their Man-Made Jerk Chicken recipe is third on our list.
4. As Jamie Oliver says, I'm all for "easy-peasy" and it looks like you are too. The fourth most popular recipe is the Island Jerk Chicken from Kraft Kitchens using one of their ready-made sauces. It's super easy with just six ingredients. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
5. This delicious looking recipes comes from one of the competitors on Dinner Party Wars. Neil's from Season 2 made it on our top 5 list. You can watch Neil make the dish on the episode titled "It's A Family Affair" in our video centre.
6 (added bonus). I had to make an exception and give you a sixth recipe because it show such variety in your recipe tastes. I'm so impressed you guys are looking up Cat Cora's Tropic Fruit and Jerk Chicken Sushi (and hopefully making it as well). It's not for the novice cook but something fun and fancy from one of our Iron Chefs.
by Catherine Jheon