Campfire Banana Split
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 8
These dressed banana splits make a fun and filling treat for the whole family.
16 Célébration Butter Cookies Milk Chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups (475 mL) mini marshmallows
8 scoops vanilla ice cream, optional
¼ cup (60 mL) sprinkles
8 maraschino cherries
1. Tear eight 12x12-inch squares of aluminum foil.
2. Peel and slice each banana lengthwise in half, then vertically arrange 2 halves, butterflied open, on each foil square.
3. Sprinkle bananas with chopped butter cookies and mini marshmallows.
4. Fold up vertical sides of foil so ends meet, then roll downwards to seal top. Fold in sides of foil to seal packets well.
5. Roast packets over a grill on medium, lid closed, or on a campfire grill until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Open packets, then serve warm topped with ice cream, sprinkles and cherries.
Tip: Packets can be baked in a 400F oven for 8 minutes.
Courtesy of Leclerc Cookies.