Christmas is coming early for one lucky Foodnetwork.ca fan. We have one awesome giveaway prize package for two (worth almost $2,000!) to one of the most anticipated food events of the year.
You and a guest will have a chance to rub shoulders with some of Food Network Canada’s biggest hosts, including Lynn Crawford (feature presenter), Anna Olson, Bob Blumer, and Corbin Tomaszeski at the Christmas in November (#JasperCIN) event which takes place at the lovely Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
CIN, as it’s known, has been going on for 26 years! It’ll be a celebration of great food, wine, entertainment and seasonal inspiration through fun and interactive classes. You’ll have a chance to cook with some of our celebrity chefs, learn the art of Christmas crafts and holiday decorating, and get tips from a mixologist class. Oh, and did I mention the Veuve Clicquot sessions with champagne tasting? Yes, please!
We’re giving away one Christmas in November package for two for the three-night, Nov 11-14, 2014 event, which includes:
- Accommodation at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Welcome Reception (food and beverages)
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Gala Celebration Dinner (food and beverages)
- Interactive seminars, classes and entertainment
Value is $949 per person, total value = $1898
** Note this does NOT includes flights.
This contest is now closed. Congratulations to Angela Mitchell from Powell River, B.C.
How do you win?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, ‘CIN Giveaway‘ and answering this question:
Whose Shortbread Cookies rank as one of the most popular recipes ever on Foodnetwork.ca? (You can find the answer listed on our Recipes page.)
Good luck and do check out this cute video of Chef Lynn and Chef Corbin talking about the event.
THE CHRISTMAS IN NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY – RULES
THE CHRISTMAS IN NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY (THE “GIVEAWAY”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR OLDER] AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Giveaway, an individual must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec); (b) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry; and (c) must be available to travel to Jasper, Alberta and participate in the Prize (as defined below) between November 11 – 14, 2014. Employees of Shaw Media Inc. (“Shaw”) and The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (collectively, the “Sponsors”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, any person who has been confirmed as a winner of two (2) Shaw administered contests within three (3) months preceding the Giveaway start date indicated below and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter. The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Giveaway must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Giveaway begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 and ends at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, October 20, 2014 (the “Giveaway Period”) after which time the Giveaway will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER. (a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Giveaway. To enter, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “CIN Giveaway” and be sure to include your full name. No entries will be accepted by any other means. (b) Limit of one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address during the Giveaway Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered and the remainder will be void. (c) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received prior to the end of the Giveaway Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential Giveaway winner. (d) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purposes of these Giveaway Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
4. PRIZE. (a) There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (“Winner”) consisting of a three (3) night stay for the winner (the “Winner”) and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta which shall include: (i) three (3) nights hotel accommodation for the Winner and Guest based on double occupancy; (ii) access to the ‘welcome reception’ which will include food and drinks; (iii) daily breakfast, lunch and dinner; (iv) access to the ‘Gala Celebration Dinner’; and (v) access to interactive seminars, classes and entertainment for Winner and Guest. (b) The Prize has an approximate value of one thousand eight hundred Canadian dollars (CDN $1,800.00). (c) Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any. (d) Winner and Guest will be responsible for transportation to and from Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Jasper, Alberta including airfare, if applicable, ground transportation, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, if applicable, airport improvement fees, bag check fees, taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize. Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge, (e) Sponsors and/or Sponsors’ representatives will contact the Winner to coordinate the Prize arrangements within seven (7) days after the Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. (f) Winner and his/her Guest must be available to travel and participate in the Prize from November 11, 2014 through November 14, 2014. Should Winner and/or Guest be unable to participate on the dates designated by the Sponsors, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.. (g) Guest must be of the age of majority or older in their province or territory of residence, comply with the Giveaway Rules and sign and return the Release (described below). (h) Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. (i) The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows: (a) On or about October 21, 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with these Giveaway Rules and to sign and return the Release (described below). (b) THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 22, 2014 at 12:00 P.M. (NOON) EDT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Giveaway Rules. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Giveaway Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response. (c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Giveaway, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Giveaway Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. Winner and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Giveaway and compliance with these Giveaway Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Giveaway, participation in any Giveaway-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guest’s name, image, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Giveaway and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and any rights he or she may have to the Prize will be forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Giveaway, any breach of the Giveaway Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Giveaway, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials related to the Giveaway. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Giveaway, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Giveaway cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway and/or the Giveaway Website.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Giveaway, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Giveaway Rules, which will be posted at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/contests/blog/christmas-in-november-ultimate-prize-giveaway/ (the “Giveaway Website”) and made available throughout the Giveaway Period. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Giveaway Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway and/or the Giveaway Website or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Shaw Media Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prize and observe the Giveaway Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the studios and/or locations. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the hotel and/or any other Prize-related location, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. SHAW MEDIA is a trade-mark of Shaw Cablesystems G.P., used under licence.
13. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Giveaway, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Giveaway, and/or the Giveaway Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Giveaway Rules. The Giveaway is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Giveaway Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Giveaway Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
15. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, including but not limited to the Giveaway entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Giveaway may have been promoted and/or publicized.