We were pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out — and it was so easy! It has now become our family’s Easter tradition. They are perfect for an Easter potluck or as a bright addition to your own Easter table.
Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 36 cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp vanilla
2¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 to 2 cups Cadbury Mini Easter Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat together butter and both sugars until smooth. Mix in your eggs and vanilla.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into wet ingredients. Pour in your chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets about 1 to 2 inches apart. Next gently press 2 chocolate eggs on each cookie.
5. Bake in oven for 8 to 9 minutes, turning and rotating pans half way through until edges are lightly browned.
6. Let cool completely on racks. Can be frozen for up to two weeks.