Recipe To Riches, our competitive reality food series, is back for another season. It’ll premiere on October 17, 2012 at 9pm ET/8pm PT but you don’t have to wait to get your dose. We’ve got plenty of behind-the-scenes videos to keep you entertained until the premiere.
(Be sure to watch returning host Jesse Palmer’s anecdote about making a Laura Calder recipe).
This season, 21 finalists will compete in seven different food categories ranging from Savoury Snacks to Entrees to Cookies and Squares. Each category winner will receive a $25,000 cash prize and have their recipe developed into a President’s Choice® branded product that’ll be available in select Loblaws stores days after their episode airs. But it doesn’t end there. After all category winners have been determined, you, the viewers, will have a chance to vote on the best of the best. During the exciting finale, you’ll find out who will take home the $250,000 grand prize!
The 21 chosen finalists by category and episode order are:
Episode 1: Cakes, Puddings & Pies (Oct. 17)
• Cherilynn Balachandar, Mississauga, ON – Classic Battenburg Cake
• Jason Keary, Nerepis, NB – Honey Cheese Pastries
• Jillianne Niver, Surrey, BC – Chocolate Butterscotch Pots de Crème
Episode 2: Savoury Snacks (Oct. 24)
• Stephen Childs, Victoria, BC – Chipotle Chili Bites
• Jennifer Innis, Leduc, AB – Chicken Cornish Pasties
• Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, BC – Asian Snack Wraps
Episode 3: Cookies & Squares (Oct. 31)
• Chantal Bekhor, Cote St.-Luc, QC – Mahbooz Date Cookies
• Tracey Rigden, Etobicoke, ON – Dulce de Leche Brownies
• Dianne Tynes, Pointe Claire, QC – Glazed Lemon Pecan Cookies
Episode 4: Hors d’Oeuvres (Nov. 7)
• Benjamin Greenberg, Montreal, QC – Curry Crab Sticks
• Jackie Koh, Vancouver, BC – Smoky Korean Meatballs
• Belén Welch, Dieppe, NB – Quinoa Cumin Bites
Episode 5: Entrées (Nov. 14)
• Stephanie Kepman, Ottawa, ON – General Tso Tofu
• Rick Matharu, Brampton, ON – Butter Chicken Lasagna
• Mary Rocto, Etobicoke, ON – Jerk Chicken Buns
Episode 6: Candies and Chocolates (Nov. 21)
• Robert Armatta, Montreal, QC – Dark Chocolate Treats
• Lucie Dion, Mont-Joli, QC – Sucre à la Crème
• Don Harquail, Burnaby, BC – Golden Toffee Nut Gems
Episode 7: Condiments & Dips (Nov. 28)
• Kayode Atobatele, Hamilton, ON – Tobman’s Hot Sauce
• Cathy Ferguson, Gloucester, ON – Montreal Deli Dip
• Courtney O’Leary, Toronto, ON – Gourmet Mushroom Topping
Sports analyst and former The Bachelor star Jesse Palmer is back as the host and he’ll be joined by a panel of returning judges including Laura Calder, host of French Food at Home; Tony Chapman, Founder and CEO of leading advertising agency Capital C; and Dana McCauley, Culinary Director of Janes Family Foods. Galen G. Weston, Executive Chairman of Loblaw Companies Limited, will also return as a weekly guest judge.
You can follow on Twitter: @RecipetoRiches @FoodNetworkCA #RecipetoRiches
Be sure to visit Recipe to Riches microsite for all the latest.