This seemingly decadent treat truly has it all: a fudgy brownie, a crunchy rich chocolate topping, a good smack of nutty peanut butter, and they’re actually healthy! These no-bake vegan brownies are easy and quick to make, and it will probably take you just as little time to eat them. Yes, they’re a sweet treat, but they also boast some superfood ingredients to fuel your body with high-quality sources of both protein and fat. Not to mention, they taste absolutely incredible.
No-Bake Chocolate Crunch Brownies
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 cups cooking dates, honey or medjool dates, pitted
2 cups walnuts
3/4 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
2 Tbsp water, added gradually
100 g dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
1/2 cup natural or organic peanut butter
1 cup puffed crispy rice cereal or puffed crispy quinoa
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Choose your date of choice. If you are opting for cooking dates or honey dates, soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes to rehydrate them, then discard the water.
2. Add the walnuts into the food processor and pulse using the “s” blade until a crumble forms. Then add the dates, cacao powder and sea salt, blending so that it forms into a “dough”. Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time through the feeder hole as the food processor is running. You don’t want the “dough” to be too wet, but you do need enough water for it to adhere together.
3. Once the “dough” is sticky enough to form a ball, remove it from the food processor and place it in an 8 inch square pan that’s lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to press the dough into the pan so that it’s spread out and even, then immediately place it in the freezer.
4. While the brownies are chilling and hardening, start making the topping. Melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and peanut butter in a small pot over medium heat. Continue to stir with a silicone spatula until all is velvety and melted together. Once smooth, fold in the crisp cereal of choice.
5. Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour the chocolate peanut butter crunchy topping over. Use a spatula to get an even layer.
Craving more good-for-you dessert recipes? You’ll love these 20 Satisfying Sweet Treats That Feature Hidden Veggies.