Raw Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Pomegranates
- serves 4
A healthy version of chocolate pudding, totally raw and totally vegan.
2 medium ripe avocados from Mexico
2 ripe bananas
6 Tbsp coconut oil
8 Tbsp raw cacao powder
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
200 mL coconut milk
1 pinch salt (or more, to taste)
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop the flesh into your food processor or blender.
2. Add in the banana, coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut milk and salt into the food processor or blender with the avocados.
3. Blend all together until smooth. If needed, stop once or twice to mix in any ingredients stuck to the sides. Add in extra coconut milk if the mixture isn’t creamy enough.
4. Once your mixture is nice and smooth (but still thick, like a mousse!) pour the mousse into four ramekins or small bowls, then put them into the freezer for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge.
5. Once set and chilled, top with pomegranate seeds or the berries of your choice.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Gracie Carroll
Courtesy of AvocadosFromMexico.ca