I was first introduced to strata by my girlfriend, whose Mom makes a large one for breakfast every Christmas morning. Being that I’m swamped with work, I really didn’t have time to think up some elaborate Christmas themed recipe, instead opting for a delicious dish that could be easily and quickly made for either a group breakfast, or even as an appetizer! So here you go, Mini Breakfast Strata! It is super delicious and perfect for serving breakfast to a group!
Mini Breakfast Strata
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
200 grams frozen puff pastry (thawed)
1½ cups of diced ham
½ cup packed diced spinach
½ cup diced mushrooms
½ cup diced red pepper
½ cup diced green onion
2 cups shredded cheese
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once you have thawed your puff pastry, on a floured surface, flatten the dough with a floured rolling pin until quite thin, and covers about a 12×12 inch area.
- Using a circle cutter, or mouth of a cup, cut circles out of the puff pastry large enough to fill the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Place puff pastry in the bottom of each muffin cup. You should be able to fill 12-15 cups.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, add salt & pepper.
- Now begin layering your ingredients on top of the puff pastry. I layered ham, spinach, mushroom, red pepper, green onion, then poured in 2-3 Tablespoons of egg, and topped with a generous amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for about 20-25 minutes until it has puffed and cheese becomes golden brown on top.
- Remove the mini strata with a spoon and serve!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.