Almond Macaron with Roiboos Tea Infused Chocolate Ganache
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
100 grams ground almonds
160 grams icing sugar
80 grams egg white
50 grams sugarGanache
100 grams 70% chocolate in chips or finely chopped
140 millilitres 35% cream
1 bag of Roiboos tea
1. Mix the ground almond and the icing sugar and pass through a sieve, place in a mixing bowl and make a well.
2. Whip the egg whites in a mixer and add the sugar slowly once the whites start stiffening.
3. Place the whipped egg white in the well and using a rubber spatula, fold everything slowly together. The mix needs to be uniform and shiny.
4. Using a piping bag, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe some of the mixture the size of a quarter, spacing each one and let it rest for 30 minutes – the top of each “quarter” must dry and form a thin crust.
5. Bake in the oven for about 25-30min (the macarons must get a nice light golden color).
6. Let it cool down on the trays then peel the macarons off the parchment.Ganache
1. To prepare the ganache, boil the cream, remove from the heat and add the tea bag.
2. Let it steep for 5 minutes then strain.
3. Bring the cream back to a boil then pour on the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
4. Stir the cream with the chocolate and let the ganache thicken.
5. Pipe some of the ganache between 2 macarons.