Anna Mae's Pecan Pie
- prep time15 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 10 - 12
Yield: 2 pies. Requires a food processor or blender.
Courtesy of Janice Kropf of Anna Mae's Bakery and Restaurant.
1 ⅔ cup brown sugar
1 ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ Tbsp melted butter
¾ Tbsp vanilla
2 cup corn syrup
2 cups pecans
2 premade pie shells
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and salt.
3. Scrape dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender; add eggs, butter, and vanilla and blend on low for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add corn syrup and continue blending on low for 1 to 2 minutes. Set filling aside.
5. Spread 1 cup of pecans into the bottom of each pie shell.
6. Divide the filling between the two pie shells and spread to the edges. Bake pies for 40 to 45 minutes, or until shells are browned and the pie filling appears solid around the edges.