Zested Blueberry Sauce
Candied Lime Slices
1. CRUST: Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine chocolate cookie crumbs, coconut and salt. Stir in melted butter and blend until an even, crumbly texture. Press crust into an ungreased 9 1/2-inch springform pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until coconut browns. Allow to cool.
2. FILLING: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth and pour into baked pie shell. Chill for at least 4 hours before slicing.
3. Top with Zested Blueberry Sauce and Candied Lime Slices (recipes follow).
4. ZESTED BLUEBERRY SAUCE: In a saucepot, bring to a simmer 1 ½ cups blueberries, sugar, lime zest and juice. Simmer for 15 minutes and remove from heat. Puree sauce with a hand blender or in a food processor. Add remaining blueberries and bring back to a simmer. Sauce can be served warm or chilled.
5. CANDIED LIME SLICES: Slice limes into thin rounds. Blanch first in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain. In a saucepot, combine sugar and 1 cup water, bring up to a simmer and add lime slices. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until white pith of limes look translucent. Drain and spread out on a cooling rack over a baking tray to dry for about an hour. Coat limes with sugar and store in an airtight container, layer between parchment or plastic until ready to use.