Apple & Swiss Pizza
- prep time15 min
- total time 22 min
- serves 24
Simple, tasty ingredients make this 20-minute dish delicious and unique.
3 Tbsp (45 ml) pizza sauce
5 Tbsp (75 ml) apple sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 16 inch pizza crust (40 cm), pre-baked
1 small red onion, minced
½ lb(s) (225 g) Canadian Swiss, grated
2 Tbsp (30 ml) fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
2 tsp (10 ml) cider vinegar
1 apple, diced
2 cup (500 ml) baby spinach cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
2. Combine pizza sauce with apple sauce and season.
3. Spread on pizza crust and garnish with red onion.
4. Combine parsley with cheese and sprinkle over pizza.
5. Bake on middle oven rack for 5-7 minutes or until cheese turns golden. Serve immediately or cool to serve at lunch or as a
6. Meanwhile, combine olive oil and vinegar. Add apples and spinach, season, and toss well. Serve on top of chilled pizza or