Apple Cinnamon Roll Slab Pie
- prep time70 min
- total time 105 min
Hand-held traditional pastries – yes please!
5 Honeycrisp apples
½ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmegBase
2 23.4 oz cans of pre-made cinnamon roll dough with icingStreusel
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ cup melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Thinly slice apples.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg in a bowl.
3. Toss sliced apples into the dry mixture, and stir to coat.Base
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Separate each can of dough into 8 rolls; cut each roll in half cross-wise to make two thin rolls.
3. Spoon icing from both cans of the rolls into small microwavable bowl; cover and refrigerate.Streusel
1. In medium bowl, mix remaining flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
2. Mix in pecans; set aside to use as streusel.
3. In an ungreased 18x13-inch rimmed sheet pan, place rolls in a single layer; pat and press to stretch and cover the bottom and sides of the pan, closing the seams.
4. Lay apple slices over cinnamon roll crust; top evenly with streusel.
5. Bake 35 minutes or until top of edges are deep golden brown and top is golden brown.
6. Cool in pan on cooling rack for 45 minutes.
7. Microwave uncovered icing on high for 15-20 seconds.
8. Stir icing and drizzle over slab pie.
Courtesy of Chantal Payette