Apple Streusel Cheesecake
- prep time 0 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 4
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup cold butter, cubedFilling
3 250 gram packages cream cheese, softened
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup packed brown sugar
⅓ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 apple, peeled, cored, sliced into eighths
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In food processor, mix together flour, icing sugar and ginger.
3. Using on/off motion, cut in butter until dough starts to come together in clumps. (Or in bowl, mix together flour, icing sugar and ginger; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using hands press mixture into small handfuls until dough holds together.)
4. Press evenly into bottom and up side to top of 10-inch (3 L) springform pan.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Using fork, prick bottom all over.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on rack.Filling
1. In bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
2. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined.
4. Pour into cooled crust; bake in 300 degree F (150 degrees C) oven for about 45 minutes or until center is just slightly wobbly and indented. Transfer to rack.Topping
1. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together sugar, rolled oats, flour, 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of the butter, and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
2. In large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat; cook apples, turning once, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and slightly softened.
3. Arrange apples and any pan juices decoratively over cake.
4. Sprinkle with rolled oats mixture; bake in 350 degree F (180 degrees C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Transfer cake to rack; let cool to room temperature.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.