- prep time 1 min
- total time 26 min
- serves 10-12
Recipe courtesy of chef Edgar Gutierrez of Tres Carnales Taqueria restaurant.
You Gotta Eat Here!
3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup lime juice
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
4 Tbsp granulated garlic
4 Tbsp pepperArrachera Steak
4 ½ lb(s) flank steak
1-2 Tbsp vegetable oilAssembly
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
cubed flank steak
white onion, chopped
1. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and whisk together until combined.Arrachera Steak
1. Place the full piece of flank steak in the marinade and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for minimum 4 hours, or maximum 24 hours.
2. Place flank steak on a hot grill or BBQ and cook for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side on medium-low heat.
3. Once cooked, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Slice the steak into ½-inch thick strips. Chop the strips into cubes.
5. Place the meat in a frying pan or flat grill on medium-high heat, and fry with 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Mix constantly until the meat gets crispy edges and caramelizes, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.Assembly
1. To assemble tacos, lightly toast your corn tortillas on a flat grill or in a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Stack two tortillas on a plate and spoon on a heaping mound of your flank steak.
3. Top with a tablespoonful Salsa Roja, and garnish with white onions, cilantro, and wedge of lime.
4. Note: To turn this into a Tres Carnales quesadilla, fold your tortilla in half and stuff with a white cheese like Gouda, mozzarella, or Oaxaca cheese.