Asparagus Halibut Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
1 pound asparagus
10 cups torn salad greens
1 cup sliced mushroom
3 green onion, sliced
4 ¼ pound halibut, filletsDressing
¼ cup light mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon grated lemon, rind
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 pinch granulated sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
⅔ cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon lemon, juicePreparation
1. Snap tough (woody) ends off asparagus; cut stalks diagonally into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths.
2. In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook asparagus for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain and cool in cold water.
3. Pat dry and place in bowl.
4. Add salad greens, mushrooms and onions.Dressing
1. In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon rind, salt, pepper, sugar and garlic.
2. Remove 1 tablespoon (15 mL); brush over top and sides of fish.
3. Broil, skin side down, on greased rack for 5 to 7 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
4. Meanwhile, whisk buttermilk, dill and lemon juice into remaining dressing; pour over greens and toss to coat.Preparation
1. Arrange greens on plates.
2. Peel skin off each fillet and discard; place on salad.