- prep time25 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 4-6
Healthy and delicious, this recipe for an Autumn hash is full of nutrients and will satisfy even the biggest of appetites!Brought to you by Dairy Farmers of Canada.
2 cup (500 ml) potatoes, diced
1 cup (250 ml) celeriac, diced
1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter
1 small red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ bell pepper
1 celery stalk, diced
1 cup (250 ml) butternut squash, diced or grated
1 lb(s) (450 ml) extra-lean ground beef , and/or veal
1 ½ cup (375 ml) corn kernels, fresh or thawed
1 freshly ground pepper
¼ cup (60 ml) milk
2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
1 ½ cup (375 ml) diced Canadian Havarti
1. Place potatoes and celeriac in a saucepan. Cover with salted cold water and bring to a boil. Let cook 15–20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. In the meantime, in a large skillet, melt butter and brown onion, garlic, pepper, celery and squash for 3–4 minutes.
3. Add meat and cook thoroughly.
4. Mix in corn and season.
5. Transfer to an oven-safe dish.
6. Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
7. Drain potatoes and celeriac. Mash with a potato masher, adding milk and parsley. Season.
8. Spread mashed potatoes and celeriac onto meat mixture and top with Havarti.
9. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until hash is thoroughly hot and cheese is golden brown.