- prep time 5 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon thyme
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt and pepperAvocado BLT
12 slices of bacon
8 slices of bread
2 avocados, sliced into wedges
2 ripe tomatoes
1 red leaf lettuce
salt and pepper
1. Place herbs, 2 tablespoons of oil and garlic in a mortar and pestle. Grind until herbs form a paste consistency.
2. Place in a bowl, add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, season with salt and pepper, stir to incorporate and set aside.Avocado BLT
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking tray with tin foil and place a cooling rack on top.
2. Place bacon on cooling rack and cook in oven until crisp, approximately 20 minutes, remove and set aside to cool.
3. Place bread slices on a tray, brush with Herb Oil and place in oven until lightly toasted.
4. To assemble Avocado BLT, place avocado slices on bread, smash with a fork, season with salt and pepper.
5. Place 3 slices of tomato over smashed avocado, season with salt and pepper, follow with 4 slices of bacon and finish with lettuce.
6. Top with remaining bread and cut in half.