Bacon, Mushroom and Swiss Breakfast Pizza
- prep time 30 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 1
2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups (550 mL to 675 mL) all-purpose flour, divided
1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Quick Rise Yeast
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) warm water (120 to 130ºF/50 to 55ºC)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oilMushroom Topping
2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
8 oz (250 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced
½ cup (125 mL) chopped onionEgg Filling
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
1 cup (250 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil (optional)
1. Combine 1 cup (250 mL) flour, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Gradually add water and oil to flour mixture; mix with a spoon until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough (until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl as you mix). Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.
2. Roll dough to 12-inch (30 cm) circle; place on a 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan brushed with olive oil. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough; prick surface with fork. Let rest 10 minutes.Mushroom Topping
1. Prepare mushroom topping, while dough rests. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drain well.Egg Filling
1. Bake crust in preheated 450ºF oven for 10 minutes.
2. Spread with mushroom topping; drizzle with beaten eggs combined with Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Reduce oven to 375ºF (190°C) and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Garnish with parsley or basil leaves, if desired. Cut into pizza slices and serve immediately.