Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin and Potato Skewers
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 2 - 3
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
2 cups Cavendish Farms Chunky Diced Potatoes, thawed
1 6 to 8-oz sirloin steak, cut into 6 equal pieces
6 slices thick-cut bacon
1 cup water chestnuts
6 cherry or grape tomatoes
2 tsp preferred steak seasoning
6 6-inch bamboo skewers
1. For each skewer: lay one slice of bacon on the cutting board.
2. In the middle of the slice place the piece of sirloin steak. On either side of the steak place 2-3 pieces of potato.
3. Season with ½ tsp of preferred steak seasoning.
4. Wrap bacon around the steak and potatoes ensuring the end of the bacon wraps around to the top (or bottom) of the potatoes. Note: Ensuring the bacon is at one of the ends will ensure that the skewer secures the bacon for cooking.
5. Softly slide skewer through one water chestnut (this will act as the base).
6. The slide the skewer through the bacon wrapped steak and potatoes.
7. Place second water chestnut on skewer and finish with cherry tomato.
8. Repeat for remaining five skewers.
9. Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
10. Place skewers on non-stick baking sheet and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until bacon reaches desired crispness.
11. Remove and serve.