Baked Clams with Chorizo and Fingerling Potatoes
- serves 4
3 Tbsp olive oil
20 small fingerling potatoes
½ onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4 in thick coins
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
¼ cup chopped parsley
½ cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
4 lb(s) cherrystone clams, cleaned and scrubbed
1. Preheat oven to 450. Add olive oil and potatoes to a large, wide, oven-safe pan; toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast in oven until potatoes are three quarters done, about 7-10 minutes.
3. Add onions and sausage and return to oven for another 7-10 minutes, until onions are coloured and sausage is crispy in places.
4. Add clams, white wine and chicken stock to pan and return to oven, roasting for another 13-15 minutes, until clams are open and pan juices are bubbling.
5. To serve, dust over with smoked paprika and parsley.