Baked Spaghetti with Broccoli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Green Pepper
Mrs.Dash Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
1 teaspoon Red Crushed Chilies (Optional)
¾ pound Veggie-Grind (350 gms)
2 cans of Hunts Pasta Sauce (24 oz / 680 ml each) or your favorite brand
¼ cup Red Wine (Can be non alcoholic)
¾ pound (350 gms) Spaghetti Pasta
½ cup Sauce
⅓ cup Cooked Noodles
of a 16 oz / 500 ml Tub Ricotta Cheese
1 ½ cups Italiano Cheese Blend, shredded
Remaining Italiano Cheese, shreddedBroccoli
1 pound (450 gms) Broccoli Florets
1 teaspoon Mrs.Dash Table Blend
1 teaspoon Butter or Margarine
1. Take out equipment and ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Fill a large stove-top pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan at med-high.
4. Finely chop onion adding to pan as you cut.
5. Cook until caramelized.
6. Finely chop green pepper and add to pan.
7. Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
8. Add spices then stir in veggie-grind. When green pepper is tender add sauce to pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
9. Stir in red wine.
10. Meanwhile: Place pasta to boiling water. Set timer for 5 minutes. When pasta is ready rinse in colander, return to pot, toss with olive oil and let stand.
11. Layer the following ingredients into a large cake or lasagna pan in this order; 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 ricotta cheese, 1/3 Italiano cheese. Repeat two more times, but leave last layer of Italiano cheese off.
12. Bake uncovered in preheated oven. Set timer for 25 minutes.
14. When timer rings for spaghetti, turn oven to broil and sprinkle on last layer of cheese.
15. Broil watching carefully. When cheese is brown and bubbling, let rest on counter for 5 minutes before serving.Broccoli
1. Rinse broccoli in colander and place in a microwave-safe pot with lid. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
2. Add spice and butter if you must.
3. Set the table 'cause dinner is ready!!!