2 or 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup/250 ml)
honey (60 ml)
vanilla (7 ml)
granulated sugar (60 ml)
plain yogurt, full fat (250 ml)
vegetable oil (30 ml)
whole wheat flour (375 ml)
baking soda (10 ml)
salt (2 ml)
Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
ripe banana, sliced, to bake on top of bread as a garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a 4-inch X 8-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add the honey, vanilla, sugar, yogurt and oil. Mix with a spoon or spatula to combine.
4. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg onto parchment paper or another bowl. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Line banana slices decoratively on top of the batter, if desired. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until golden and tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Flip onto a wire rack and cool completely. Cut into 8 to 10 slices. Serve.