Banana Phyllo Tart
- prep time 0 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6
4 tablespoons dried cherries
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
8 sheets phyllo pastry
⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 small bananas
3 tablespoons rum (optional)Chocolate Sauce
1 cup water
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant coffee
½ cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Soak dried cherries in hot water for 5 minutes to soften and drain. Beat cream cheese until smooth and stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Brush the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with melted butter.
3. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with 5 sheets of the phyllo, buttering each piece as you layer. Allow phyllo to overlap the sides. Keep aside 3 layers for the top.
4. Place cream cheese and cherry filling inside the pan. Add chocolate, bananas and rum. Fold in overlaps. Butter the remaining phyllo sheets and scrunch. Place on top of filling. Brush with butter. Bake for 20 minutes, until phyllo is golden.
5. To plate, pool a bit of warm Chocolate Sauce onto plate, slice wedge of banana phyllo tart and arrange over sauce.Chocolate Sauce
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Sift cocoa powder and whisk in with instant coffee and return to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, add cream and whisk until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
3. Chill until ready to serve and reheat in microwave before serving.