Banana White Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 1
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
⅔ cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ½ cups pastry flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups mashed banana
1 cup white chocolate, chopped, plus some for garnishCream Cheese Icing
1 pound (2 pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons sour creamTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
4. Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pans and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto a plate.Cream Cheese Icing
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in butter.
2. Reduce speed and add icing sugar, and beat until smooth. Stir in sour cream.To Assemble
1. Ice cake completely and garnish with large white chocolate curls (done by using a vegetable peeler).