- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
Bannock can be eaten on its own or with peanut butter, jams, or honey.
4 cup unbleached flour
2-3 cups cold water, or as needed
2 ½ Tbsp baking powder
4 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ cup cooking oil
1. Place ½ cup cooking oil in a deep frying pan or enough to fill pan ¼-inch deep and heat to 350°F (medium high heat).
2. Sift together dry ingredients until mixed fully.
3. Add water and stir together to form sticky dough.
4. Spoon bannock dough into frying pan in round circle forms about 5 inches - 6 inches wide.
5. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on each side and puffed up.