- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
4 cup unbleached flour
2-3 cups cold water, or as needed
2 ½ Tbsp baking powder
4 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ cup cooking oil
1. Place ½ cup cooking oil in a deep frying pan or enough to fill pan ¼-inch deep and heat to 350°F (medium high heat).
2. Sift together dry ingredients until mixed fully.
3. Add water and stir together to form sticky dough.
4. Spoon bannock dough into frying pan in round circle forms about 5 inches - 6 inches wide.
5. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on each side and puffed up.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site