Bay of Fundy Scallop Bisque, Savoy Cabbage and Double Smoked Bacon
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 ounces double smoked bacon
¼ cup diced leek, white part only
½ cup diced shallots
2 pounds fresh scallops
1 cup dry white wine
1 lemon, juiced
8 cups whipping cream
shredded savoy cabbage, blanched
Crisp Lardons of Double smoked Bacon
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; stir in shallot, leek, and cook, stirring, for three to five minutes or until onions are soft but do not brown.
2. Add scallops and cook, stirring, for two minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil, remove scallops and put aside.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by three-quarters. Add cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
4. Stir in scallops bring to a simmer and puree. Strain and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in bowls with Cabbage and Bacon Garnish