BBQ Shrimp & Grits with Poached Eggs
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4 servings
2 cups grits
8 cups water
¼ cup white cheddar, grated
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup butter
salt to tasteBBQ Shrimp
1 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup celery, finely diced
¼ cup garlic, minced
¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
1 cup beer
1 cup shrimp stock
½ cup Creole tomato sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 pound large shrimps, peeled
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tablespoons butter (cold)
salt and pepper to taste
Creole seasoning to tastePoached Eggs
vinegar or seasoning to taste (optional)
1. Place grits in a dry pot. Add water to pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until grits are soft.
3. Stir in cheese and butter. Salt to taste.
4. Leave in pot and set aside.BBQ Shrimp
1. In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat cook and stir onions, celery, and garlic until translucent.
2. Add rosemary and beer; stir and simmer for 3-5 minutes until alcohol has been cooked off.
3. Add shrimp stock, tomato sauce & Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add shrimp to sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Add lemon zest and juice. Remove butter from fridge and stir into sauce.
6. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and Creole seasoning.Poached Eggs
1. Fill a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil.
2. Once the water is boiled add optional vinegar or seasoning to taste.
3. Carefully crack 2-4 eggs at a time into sauce pan. Poaching eggs can be tricky, so only cook as many eggs as you are comfortable with.
4. Poach in boiling water for 2-4 minutes. Remove from saucepan and repeat for remaining eggs. Assembly: Spoon shrimp with sauce onto grits. Top with 2 poached eggs per plate and optional green onion garnish (3-4 green onions, sliced).