BBQ Steak with Stuffed Potatoes and Broccoli
- prep time20 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
Skip the steakhouse and make this yummy dinner at home! It's got all the makings of a perfect meal.
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup salsa
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Previously stuffed potatoes
1 lb(s) 1 lb / 450 g broccoli florets
1 Tbsp water
1 ½ lb(s) 675 g lean sirloin beef or strip loin or T-bone
Prepared BBQ sauce
Aluminum foilOptional Toppings
No-fat sour cream
Chopped green onionBBQ Steak With Stuffed Potatoe
2 baked potatoes (baked when making the baked potato and cheddar soup)
¼ cup sour cream, no-fat
1 pinch Pinch salt
1 pinch Pepper to taste
¼ cup 1% milk
¼ cup grated old cheddar cheese, low-fat
1. Any day prior to fright night
2. Whip in sour cream, salt, pepper and milk. Spoon mixture back into potato skins.
3. Top with cheese. Set aside in fridge for fright night.
4. On Fright Night Pre-heat BBQ at med-low heat.
5. Add ketchup, salsa, brown sugar and Worcestershire in a small bowl and blend together.
6. Set aside. Place stuffed potatoes on top rack of BBQ in cake pan to heat through, until the rest of dinner is ready. Wash and cut broccoli. Set aside 1/4 of broccoli to be served cold.
7. Place remainder in microwave-safe pot with lid with water and a little butter if you must.
8. Cover and microwave at high 4-5 minutes. Let stand.
9. Place steaks in preheated BBQ.
10. When half cooked on first side, rotate steak on grill for final minutes to create criss-cross grill marks. Turn steak over to cook other side and repeat. Spread BBQ sauce on steak.
11. Once steak is cooked to desired tenderness remove from grill, wrap in foil and let rest for a few minutes. Sprinkle potato with your choice of toppings.