- prep time15 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
Enjoy Chuck Hughes' perfectly seasoned tender beef tartare garnished with crispy parsnips.
2 lb(s) Boston Butt (1 kg)
2 shallots, diced
¼ cup garlic stuffed olives, store bought, halved (60 ml)
3 Tbsp olive oil (45 ml)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 ml)
1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, cubed (250 ml)
Green Tabasco sauce, to taste
A handful of celery leaves
A handful of chives, finely chopped
A handful of parsley, chopped
Salt and pepperCrispy Parsnip
6 parsnips, peeled, julienned
Smoked salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper
Canola oil for fryingServe
1. Preheat the fryer with the oil at 180 C (350 F).
2. Fill one bowl with ice and place a smaller empty bowl over the ice. Cut the meat and place in the empty bowl. This will help to keep the meat fresh.
3. In a third bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Set aside.Crispy Parsnip
1. Fry the parsnips until golden brown and crispy. Keep on a baking sheet covered with paper towel. Season with smoked salt and pepper.Serve
1. Divide the beef tartare on separate plates. Garnish with crispy parsnip.