Beer-Brined Grilled Veal Chops
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
2 cup water
2 cup Steam Whistle Pilsner
¼ cup coarse salt
3 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup ice cubes
6 1-4-inch-thick centre-cut bone-in veal chops
7 large cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried sage leaves
1. Combine 2 cups water, Steam Whistle, 1/4 cup coarse salt, sugar in a large bowl. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Stir in ice.
2. Place chops in large resealable plastic bag. Pour Steam Whistle brine over chops; seal bag. Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove chops from beer brine; pat dry.
4. Mix garlic, pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and sage in small bowl. Rub garlic mixture over both sides of chops.
5. Grill chops until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 145°F to 150°F, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally moving chops to cooler part of rack if burning.
6. Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site