Beer Marinated Flank Steak
- prep time 0 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6
1 2 pound flank steakMarinade
1 bottle beer
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 sprigs rosemary, bruised
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon whole allspice, berries
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauceSauce
½ lime, juice of
1 dash tabasco sauce
1 cup chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
fresh rosemary, chopped
freshly cracked black pepper
1. Immerse flank steak into marinade.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours before grilling.
3. Remove flank steak from marinade and strain liquid into a small saucepan, discarding solids.
4. Add the limejuice, Tabasco, chicken stock, bay leaf, sugar and Worchestershire sauce.
5. Bring to a boil and reduce down to one quarter.
6. Just before serving, preheat grill on high. Season flank steak with salt, freshly cracked pepper and chopped rosemary.
7. Grill on high for about 8 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove and cover with foil for 5 minutes before slicing.
8. Slice steak thinly and serve with sauce.Marinade
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish.
2. See steak for further instructions.Sauce
1. Please see the steak for instructions regarding the sauce ingredients.