Beet Hearts With Chèvre
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
5 medium sized beets (5)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (15 mL)
1 cup chèvre (250 ML)
1 handful Fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C)
2. Rub beets in oil then wrap in foil and roast for 1 hour or until fork tender in centre.
3. Remove beets from foil and cool.
4. Peel skins off beets by just rubbing with fingers (If you want to protect skin from colour, use gloves).
5. Slice beets into rounds about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick.
6. With a small heart cookie cutter, cut out heart shape out of the beet slices. Transfer hearts ( 2 to 4 per person)to individual serving plates.
7. Top with crumbled chèvre and garnish with chives.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site