- prep time 0 min
- total time 8 min
- serves 4
8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
Zest of 1 small orange
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups maple syrupBelgian Waffles
2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
3 cups warm milk
3 eggs (Whites and yolks separated)
½ cup sugar
¾ cup butter (melted)
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1. Mix cream cheese, zest, salt and vanilla extract in a bowl and whip on high speed for 2-3 minutes, stopping and scraping the bottom.
2. Slowly add 2 cups of maple syrup, stopping and scraping the bowl as you go.Belgian Waffles
1. Warm milk in a saucepan.
2. In a small bowl, add yeast and ¼ cup of the warm milk. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add remaining warm milk, egg yolks, melted butter, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix 1 minute on low speed.
4. Add flour and yeast/milk mixture and mix on medium speed until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites on high speed adding the sugar slowly like you were making a meringue.
6. Fold into the flour mixture and put in a warm place for half an hour.
7. Pour into your Belgian Waffle machine and enjoy!