Berry Sticky Pudding
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
Butter, for greasing the ramekins
⅓ cup dried blueberries (75 ml)
¼ cup dried cranberries (60 ml)
¼ cup dried cherries (60 ml)
¾ cup water (175 ml)
¼ cup cassis (black currant liqueur) (60 ml)
1 teaspoon baking soda (5 ml)
½ cup apple butter (125 ml)
¾ cup all purpose flour, sifted (175 ml)
½ teaspoon baking powder (2 ml)
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (5 ml)
¼ teaspoon ground allspice (1 ml)
¼ teaspoon salt (1 ml)
⅓ cup soft butter (75 ml)
½ cup dark brown sugar (125 ml)
2 large eggs, room temperature
¼ teaspoon vanilla (2 ml)
Grated zest of 1 lemonRum Sauce
3 tablespoons butter (45 ml)
⅓ cup brown sugar (75 ml)
¾ cup whipping (35%) cream (175 ml)
2 tablespoons dark rum (30 ml)
1 teaspoon 1 tsp vanilla (5 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously butter 6 ramekins (6-ounce ramekins).
3. Add dried blueberries, cranberries, cherries, water, and cassis to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until the fruit is soft and most of liquid has evaporated, about 15 to 20 minutes. Puree and add the baking soda while still warm. Stir in the apple butter and set aside.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg to a small bowl. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat. Add the vanilla and lemon zest. Alternately add the berry mixture and the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into the buttered ramekins. Steam in a water bath until tester comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
6. Carefully remove ramekins from the water bath. Place on a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Unmold onto serving plates and serve warm with the Rum Sauce.Rum Sauce
1. Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes until bubbly and slightly thickened. Add the cream and rum. Continue to cook over medium low heat until thick and syrupy, about 7 to 9 minutes. Serve warm over the Berry Sticky Puddings.