Black Bean Yum Tum Soup
- prep time 10 min
- total time 35 min
2 tsp coconut oil
1 can black beans
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, chopped in cubes
3 clove garlic, chopped
½ cup organic corn kernels
4 cup kale, chopped
1 large handful cilantro, chopped
1 cubes vegetable bouillon
3 Tbsp tomato paste
½ tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder
4 cup water
½ cup brown rice
2 cup water
1. Chop the vegetables.
2. Heat a large pot with the oil. Saute the onions and garlic for a few minutes, until they begin to turn translucent.
3. In another pot, pour in rice and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
4. Add the celery, sweet potato and spices to first pot with garlic. Saute for another few minutes, until you smell the aroma of the spices.
5. Add the tomato paste, bouillon cube, 4 cups water, black beans and corn kernels.
6. Simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
7. Add the kale and turn off the heat.
8. Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top before serving.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site