Blue Cheese Lasagna
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
12 lasagne pasta
2 cup (500 ml) grated mozzarella cheeseBéchamel
¼ cup (60 ml) butter
¼ cup (60 ml) flour
3 cup (750 ml) milk
1 pinch nutmeg
Salt and pepperSpinach and Mushroom Filling
2 pkg of 1/2 lb. (225 g) Parisian mushrooms, cut in quarters
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
½ cup (125 ml) white wine
3 French shallots, chopped
2 pkg of 6 oz (171 g) spinach, choppedCheese Filling
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp (15 ml) butter
5 oz (150 g) blue cheese cut in cubes
16 oz (475 g) ricotta cheese
½ cup (125 ml) fresh basil
1 pinch Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the lasagne until they are al dente. Rinse under cold water. Reserve.
2. Put the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375 °F (190 °C).
3. Spread a third of the sauce in 14 by 8 in. (35 x 20) cooking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne.
4. Spread the spinach and mushroom filling. Cover with a layer of lasagne.
5. Spread with the cheese filling. Add a layer of lasagne.
6. Continue with a third of the sauce. Finish with a layer of lasagne, the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella.
7. Cook in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes then, brown under the grill. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with the tomato salad.Béchamel
1. In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the flour and cook 1 minute while stirring.
3. Whisk in the milk and stir until it boils.
4. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper.
5. Let simmer while stirring frequently to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom.Spinach and Mushroom Filling
1. In a large skillet, brown the mushrooms over a brisk flame in 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add the wine and let reduce to dryness. Reserve in a large bowl.
3. In the same skillet, soften the shallots in the remaining oil.
4. Add the spinach and cook until the water is completely evaporated.
5. Incorporate the spinach to the mushroom mixture and add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of Béchamel. Adjust the seasoning.Cheese Filling
1. In a frying pan, soften the onion in butter. Reserve in a bowl and let cool.
2. In a food processor, reduce the onions, blue cheese, ricotta, egg and basil to a smooth purée.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Reserve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site